About Me

My photo
Collierville, TN, United States
A stay-at-home mom who loves her job. An architect's wife. Mama to a chubby, blonde-haired toddler and two rambunctious dogs. Recently returned to Tennessee from three years in sunny San Diego. Adjusting to life back in the South and trying to have a little fun while I'm at it.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WORD|of the day

[gallivant] verb; to go about in search of amusement

When I used to complain about my curfew, my mom always told me I didn't need to be out "gallivanting" around after midnight.


QUOTE|of the day

[Finish each day and be done with. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; so begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old Ralph was a wise man, no? This quote reminds me to snap out of it sometimes and not beat myself up about things I can no longer do anything about. We are all imperfect humans who will fall on our faces every now and then; but the key is to pick yourself back up and focus on doing better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment